Middle School News
Weekly Eagle News - Middle School
Greetings RCMS Family:
First off, please remember that we will not have school on Monday, November 11th in observance of Veteran’s day. In that same vein, this past week we were able to honor our Veterans in a special all-school assembly. During our assembly, we heard our band perform a variety of musical anthems paying respect to each of the military branches, a local speaker who has given 30 years of service, and of course the viewing of our annual slideshow that honors all of the veterans who are a part of our RCS/ACA community. I am always amazed and honored to see how many within our own community have made military service a part of their lives. Thank you!
As we continue in our math transition in the middle school, the math department has come together to offer a more robust, after school tutoring schedule. Starting this week we will be offering after school math tutoring from 2:45-3:45 pm Monday-Thursday. Should your student need a little extra homework help or if they just did not quite get the day’s lesson, they are welcome to stop by! The schedule is listed below. Please know that your student does not have to be in Mr. Westenbroek’s or Mrs. Denbaugh’s classes to attend tutoring.
Monday: Math tutoring with Mrs. Denbaugh, room 409
Tuesday: Math tutoring with Mr. Westenbroek, room 403
Wednesday: Math tutoring with Mrs. Denbaugh, room 409
Thursday: Math tutoring with Mr. Westenbroek, room 403
This Wednesday we will have our annual Eagle Xperience Day. Please let your friends and family know about Redlands Christian Middle School and invite them to participate in this wonderful event showcasing our school! If you know families who will be attending, please have them RSVP through the website or contact our Admissions Department. This is one of our largest admission’s events of the year, so please get the word out to anyone who might be interested in our school!
As we look forward, here are a couple of key reminders:
1. Thanksgiving baskets: We have partnered with Redlands Family Services to adopt 6 families to bless this Thanksgiving. Students have been assigned certain items in order be able to fully bless each of the families. Please make sure your student brings in their assigned items by this Friday, November 15! If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Wiers.
2. Turkey Trotting with RCS - We welcome the entire RCS Community to trot through Redlands on Thanksgiving morning, Thursday, November 28, in support of Youth Hope. The annual Redlands Turkey Trot is a wonderful event for families to show community support and get a little exercise. One of the Race Charities is Youth Hope; a terrific organization that provides services to homeless youth in the area. The RCS community has partnered with Youth Hope in the past during service days and this is another great opportunity to show support. Although the Turkey Trot registration comes with a t-shirt, we encourage the RCS community to wear the special one we have created....and it's FREE (with race registration confirmation). Click HERE for details. You must submit your registration by Wednesday, November 13 in order to be guaranteed a RCS tee shirt.
3. Drama Production: Our fall musical, Madagascar: A Musical Adventure, is coming soon. The students have been working hard and are very excited to perform for you. Showings are Friday, Dec. 6 at 7pm, and Saturday, Dec. 7 at 2pm. Tickets are on sale now, available in the middle school office. They are $5 each. They will also be available at the door for $7.
4.Thanksgiving Break: November 25-29 No school.
5. Save the Date: Christmas Band/Choir Concert Thursday, December 12 at 7:00 p.m. at the University of Redlands.
6. As we are looking ahead, please note the Semester Exam Schedule taking place before Christmas break.
7. This Friday, students will follow their “Friday B” schedule.
To respond to Mr. Spear’s information or inquire regarding an Middle School item, please send him an email at email@example.com.
Please click on each of these links for detailed information:
Be sure to click on the Advance Notice button below to stay informed about important upcoming dates and events.